New Post Advanced Search

Subsidence

1 reply 56 views
RM6550RM6550 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
3/4 way through a subsidence claim. Contractor has set a date, all ready to go and now the insurers rang and said they are offering me a cash settlement!? Why?! 
I asked extras questions about floors and walls but the contractor was happy to answer them all! This seems so odd, the work is pages long and although coronavirus slowed it down I thought all was well. does anyone know why they might have changed tack, as I have no wish to take their settlement which they did not know the number of when on the phone, the ombudsman’s website even uses cash settlement for a subsidence claim as what not to do! Help? First time home owner and this is a total nightmare (repairs have even been done on drains!)

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    102.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    and now the insurers rang and said they are offering me a cash settlement!? Why?!
    Its cheaper for them rather than dragging it out.
    Dont accept it if you dont want it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.