BEWARE REDEEMING EASYJET VOUCHERS

Options
Beware those with Easyjet vouchers to redeem:
When my flight in May was cancelled, I opted for a voucher since I thought I would have no problem in using it within the next 12 months.
Little did I know that when the voucher code was eventually e-mailed to me 6 weeks later, it came with a stipulation that it had to be redeemed via their call centre.
Indeed, I entered the code to complete an online booking on their website, and it did not accept it.
So I called Easyjet today, and waited 1 hour to get through to a customer service agent, who quoted me £80 more than the price on their website for x2 Adult returns, as they charge more for bookings made over the phone. So I did them a favour by taking the voucher option plus £10 voucher, and now would be £70 worse off!
To say that I was disgusted is an understatement.
I will now be pursuing a refund instead, and will tell them that I accepted the voucher option in good faith, and without full knowledge of the facts, as who would accept a voucher if they knew that they would be worse off? I know that this will not be easy as they will say that I accepted a voucher, but I
 will write to them first and copy the CEO in, and if they refuse my request, I will request a chargeback via the card provider used to make the booking, in this case, Halifax Bank.
I really hope that I do not have to end up pursuing this through the Small Claims court. This situation sucks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've read this before think it was Ryanair they were referring to but pretty much same complaint!    Seems they are finding a loophole to charge more?   Disgraceful.    At best, even if it isn't illegal, it is pulling the wool over customers eyes.      I hope you get somewhere with your complaint and that this matter is taken up with the CMA or somebody. Please come back and let us know the outcome.  
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How did you opt for the voucher?  Was it over the phone or by requesting one yourself online?  Currently if you choose a voucher online if your flight is cancelled the t&cs state that the voucher can only be used for online bookings.  I thought I read that people who were offered vouchers over the phone had to use the vouchers over the phone when booking.  Just wanted to clarify first how you got yours.
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I requested cash refund in the end because the £5 p/p per flight vouchers that were being offered as well were separate codes and only 1 voucher per booking
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback