Forum Home» Student Money Saving

Student loan change of circumstances years ago

New Post Advanced Search

Student loan change of circumstances years ago

2 replies 39 views
ukguy2kukguy2k Forumite
23 posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
I phoned student finance england and the colleague said i need to fill in a co1 form to cancel student loan.  Years ago i got poorly and was unable to complete my University HND course year 1 with student loan. 

So will it get written off the student loan, if i fill in a co1 form, send it back and notify of change of circumstances?

Replies

• ukguy2kukguy2k Forumite
    23 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    There is no c01 form for 2003/2004.  So im writing to Student Finance England.  Gave them my hospital address and phone number.  If they need it for medical evidence.
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A right off now would be based on your earnings and how long you have had the loan.
    The only time medical evidence would be significant would be if you are re applying for student finance for a new course and want the previous loan to be disregarded to entitle you to full finance for the new course. This is called compelling medical evidence. You get one extra year entitlement beyond the length of your new course as standard, so having dropped out in the first year of a previous course wouldn't matter.
    If you could make it clearer why you are asking for the loan to be written off it would help people answer.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.