AMEX Billing

Options
I’ve used Amex for years, and I was wondering why when the direct debit goes out it says it originated in the United States? I know it’s Amex, but i was just curious 🤔

Comments

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where does it show it originates from the US? Looking at my online banking there is no country of origin listed for any of my DDs. To the best of my knowledge DD is a UK thing and cross border DDs outside of the wider UK wasn't possible (though its been years since I did payments so things may have progressed).

Don't pay my AmEx by DD so cannot look to see what mine says
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When I pay mine (online banking) it seems to go to a collections account in the UK.
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve used Amex for years, and I was wondering why when the direct debit goes out it says it originated in the United States? I know it’s Amex, but i was just curious 🤔

Who do you bank with that shows that a Direct Debit originated in the US, or are you assuming it originates in the US? Like others on here when I've paid mine it goes to a collections account in the UK and then gets applied to my account via the 15 digit card number.  Checking the sort code 30-00-00 Shows it as a Lloyds Bank PLC Head office account.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • blue.peter
    blue.peter Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    My AmEx card is paid by DD from Nationwide, and I see nothing to indicate a US origin. All I see in Internet Banking is this (plus, of course, some numbers to the right):
    Clicking on these details doesn't bring any further information forward. The PDF statement also shows no additional information. So what is the source of your information?
  • funkycredit
    funkycredit Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Likewise, Santander shows Amex Europe 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business