New Post Advanced Search

Changing a Will

edited 6 July at 12:02PM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
11 replies 651 views


  • TBagpussTBagpuss Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    If you are the person who would get a 1/3 share, then it is in your interest to ensure that she sees a solicitor and gets the new will done properly (also suggest that she sorts out POA if she hasn't already).
    She is free to change the will and write a new one giving a specific amount to each charity and the balance to the person - she needs to decide what she would want to happen if that person were to die before her, too.

    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support