Forum Home» Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales

Returning Ebay goods with Paypal free returns?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Returning Ebay goods with Paypal free returns?

4 replies 82 views
I had to return an item to the seller because it was not suitable for my needs. No problem because the seller accepts returns. Going through Ebay returns procedure I printed off a return label and I had to pay for the return through Paypal, which was expected. Just wondering if I can claim the return postage back through Paypal, think you are allowed four free returns a year? 

Replies

• Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    jazzy said:
    I had to return an item to the seller because it was not suitable for my needs. No problem because the seller accepts returns. Going through Ebay returns procedure I printed off a return label and I had to pay for the return through Paypal, which was expected. Just wondering if I can claim the return postage back through Paypal, think you are allowed four free returns a year? 
    It was 12 free returns last time I checked :) Up to £15. You need proof that you posted it to the specific address and proof of the cost.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s 12 returns per year as long as you follow the process at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I’ve used it once with no problems 
  • jazzyjazzy Forumite
    951 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.
    However, I do not have a receipt because the return was carried out through Ebay returns which informed me that this would be paid through my Paypal account. There's no sign of this deduction yet through my Paypal account. I presume that this will be updated when the return is completed and the item is received by the seller? 
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the return shipping charge will appear on your PayPal statement as a separate transaction from eBay