New Post Advanced Search

I feel cheated

8 replies 427 views
Hi 
Can anybody help me,  my original booking was cancelled by tui then yesterday I got a phone call from tui to arrange a rebooking. The lady told me I could have a £500 discount for rebooking, what she didn't tell me until I quired this morning is the discounts she gave me only reduced the cost of my holiday to the internet price. How can she charge me shop price when I didn't go in to a shop and get the shop experience. Obviously I told her I wanted to cancel and receive a full refund, she told me I can't do that and has essculated my case to her manager. What are my rights?

Replies

• TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the original booking was cancelled by TUI you are entitled to a full cash refund.  There is no question about that.
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vixster99 said:
    Hi 
    Can anybody help me,  my original booking was cancelled by tui then yesterday I got a phone call from tui to arrange a rebooking. The lady told me I could have a £500 discount for rebooking, what she didn't tell me until I quired this morning is the discounts she gave me only reduced the cost of my holiday to the internet price. How can she charge me shop price when I didn't go in to a shop and get the shop experience. Obviously I told her I wanted to cancel and receive a full refund, she told me I can't do that and has essculated my case to her manager. What are my rights?
    Did you not check the figures and the total price before agreeing to part with your money? i know no money acctually changed hands but you know what i mean
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Vixster99Vixster99 Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    no a few mins later, then i emailed her she has been stalling alday and now told me if I cancel I will owe £1400 in cancellation fees.
    5 posts
    First Post
    TELLIT01 said:
    If the original booking was cancelled by TUI you are entitled to a full cash refund.  There is no question about that.
    yes but then I agreed to the new holiday.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you were happy with the price at the time, I don't see a problem.

And on the plus side, you avoided the 'shop experience'.

Enjoy your holiday.
    5 posts
    First Post
    The problem is I didn't receive the £500 discount for amending my booking within 2 weeks and I  did not receive my 20% discount for sticking by them and not demanding my money back. ( more fool me.).
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The £500 and 20% aren't discounts.  They're added incentives.
  • giraffe69giraffe69 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you cheated yourself. You seemed happy to go ahead based on your understanding of what a salesperson told you without doing any checking.