New Post Advanced Search

Can I work during furlough notice

3 replies 160 views
juliadawnjuliadawn Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I have been made redundant after 18 yrs service company need to make cuts ,I am currently furloughed they are paying my 3 months notice on furlough till end of September am I allowed to look for another job and will I be put in high tax bracket as it will look like I have 2 jobs ,

Replies

• Alter_egoAlter_ego Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can work during furlough, but not for the employer furloughing you. 
    Your tax will depend on your total earnings during the tax year no matter how many jobs.
    Loose means not tight, Lose means something is lost, simples no?
    Ignore me if you like, it's not the real me anyway.
  • MasomniaMasomnia Forumite
    19.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check that there is nothing in your contract of employment that prevents you. Seek permission from your employer if necessary.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    juliadawn said:
    I have been made redundant after 18 yrs service company need to make cuts ,I am currently furloughed they are paying my 3 months notice on furlough till end of September am I allowed to look for another job and will I be put in high tax bracket as it will look like I have 2 jobs ,
    Are they going to be paying you 80% or 100%?