PDLs dropped off before 5 years on Equifax credit report?

sully1311
sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 3 July 2020 at 8:41AM in Credit file & ratings
Hi,
I’ve noticed that 2 PDL’s that I’d stupidly taken out in 2015 (1 in July, 1 in Oct) have been removed from my Equifax/ClearScore report even though it’s been less than 5 years since they were opened or closed.

Does anyone know why this is? Should I expect them to drop off my Experian and TU reports?

Comments

• TimSynths
    TimSynths Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Lucky you!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sully1311 said:
    Hi,
    I’ve noticed that 2 PDL’s that I’d stupidly taken out in 2015 (1 in July, 1 in Oct) have been removed from my Equifax/ClearScore report even though it’s been less than 5 years since they were opened or closed.

Does anyone know why this is? Should I expect them to drop off my Experian and TU reports?
    Im not sure anyone can answer the question, they could disappear but I wouldn't go jumping up and down/get excited about it.
    Did you put a claim in against the lenders ?
  • sully1311
    DCFC79 said:
    sully1311 said:
    Hi,

Im not sure anyone can answer the question, they could disappear but I wouldn't go jumping up and down/get excited about it.
    Yes I did, but I haven’t had the results of claim back yet. I’m not getting excited about it, I just thought it was a bit weird that they’ve been removed before 6 years has passed.

• sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    By any chance were they ICL / Moneyshop / PaydayUk / PaydayExpress Loans?

I’ve also noticed 3 (Moneyshop) disappear from my Equifax file this month about a year early. (Have to wait a couple of weeks before my Experian/TransUnion files update this via MSE/Credit Karma)

I think this is probably due to the redress scheme (details at https://www.themoneyshop.com/) - but I haven’t heard anything directly from the company.

I’m making an assumption that if they have been removed from one at the direction of the company, there’s no particular reason why they shouldn’t be removed from the other 2.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 July 2020 at 12:22PM
    sully1311 said:
    DCFC79 said:
    sully1311 said:
    Hi,

Yes I did, but I haven’t had the results of claim back yet. I’m not getting excited about it, I just thought it was a bit weird that they’ve been removed before 6 years has passed.

Maybe the entries being removed is part of the claim, just a thought.
    Have you checked Experian or MSE credit club ?
    Are they still listed there ?
  • sully1311
    DCFC79 said:
    sully1311 said:
    DCFC79 said:
    sully1311 said:
    Hi,

Maybe the entries being removed is part of the claim, just a thought.
    Have you checked Experian or MSE credit club ?
    Are they still listed there ?
    I have Credit Club and Credit Karma, still listed on there. I thought it could be due to the claims but I thought they would have got in contact first to give me their outcome.
    Hopefully I’ll hear something from them soon.
  • sully1311
    edited 3 July 2020 at 12:32PM
    sambaird said:

I’ve also noticed 3 (Moneyshop) disappear from my Equifax file this month about a year early. (Have to wait a couple of weeks before my Experian/TransUnion files update this via MSE/Credit Karma)

I think this is probably due to the redress scheme (details at https://www.themoneyshop.com/) - but I haven’t heard anything directly from the company.

I’m making an assumption that if they have been removed from one at the direction of the company, there’s no particular reason why they shouldn’t be removed from the other 2.
    Yes they were PaydayUK PDL’s.
  • sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 July 2020 at 12:44PM
    I’ve just been through the FAQs on the site: https://www.themoneyshop.com/FAQs
    Q7 seems to confirm this is part of the claim process and our claims have been upheld - I suspect COVID may have delayed them sending updates to claimants.
  • sully1311
    sambaird said:

Have your other 2 reports updated yet?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure