Loveholidays Flight cancelled 11th June but they TOOK FINAL BALANCE 26th June!

Options

Hi!

I put this information on Loveholidays  live chat (as they have no other form of contact) on Tuesday, 16 June 2020, on reading my request the only response from the agent was how can I help you; and then nothing more as live chat failed.

My holiday departs on the 10th July 2020. TUI has already cancelled my flight in connection with the holiday due to covid-19 as of 11th June 2020 ( Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 situation and its unprecedented impact upon worldwide travel your travel plans can't go ahead as originally planned.)and sent me a refund voucher while FCO travel advice is in place. 

I also said don’t take my final payment on the 26th of June because of the flight cancellation and having no alternative flights. THEY DID!

They were fully aware of the cessation of all TUI flights up to and including the 10th of July  from Doncaster this was obvious on their  own website; fully 14 days before they took my funds.

My question is as the FCO advice is being removed as of i believe 6th July and my holiday is from the 10th July. Will i be able to get my £522 back as cancellation took pace almost a full four weeks before the lifting of FCO advice.

Thanks for any help Matchseller

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Am confused.  What did you book and with who?     Did you book a hotel separately with Love Holidays?   If it was a package holiday then Love Holidays should be responsible for the lot but the confusing bit is that you have already received a voucher from the airline (if am reading it right).   Your answers may give way for more advice.

• matchseller
    Options
    Hi Tedber!
    Booked package deal with loveholidays, TUI was the flight element! (I know my waffle probably confused you sorry.)
    My concern is that i paid them or rather they took  £522 final payment two weeks after flight cancellation and we are getting close to the FCO lifting the current travel advice;will Loveholidays be able to wriggle out of paying a refund as my holiday isn't until 10th July?
    Thanks for responding to my post so quickly Tedber regards Matchseller.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If your holiday or parts of it are cancelled then Love Holidays under the package agreements are responsible to refund you.  My concern is that you said you had already received vouchers from the airline?   If that is the case, did you request them?   Actually my daughter is in a similar situation with Love Holidays as Ryan Air informed her the return flight was cancelled and to request a refund.  I told her not to do anything, but she went ahead and requested a refund anyhow, only to find out she had inadvertently cancelled the outgoing flight also which had not been cancelled!  She panicked,  got in touch with Ryan Air who told her they would send her vouchers.   So far nothing and she doesn't even know if the hotel is open either.    She is due to fly out on 12 July and so far nobody has got in touch with her to say what is what!  She doesn't know if by requesting a voucher she has blown it with the terms of Love Holidays!   

My only advice would be NOT to do anything with your booking if you haven't already and just wait to see what Love Holidays come up with!

Infuriating because they don't answer any correspondence, daughter is only 10 days off her due holiday and has no idea what the heck she is supposed to be doing!  

As for LH taking the final payment, well yes this seems to be the norm and then you wait for them to cancel and refund!   Otherwise you will have deemed to have cancelled yourself and lose whatever the terms and agreements say.  So by paying it you at least have the chance to get your money back as your flights have been cancelled (odd round about way but what can you do?) 

I do hope you get a good outcome eventually.   It is so confusing all round.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just an update @matchseller,   Daughter got an email from LoveHolidays later on the 2nd after I posted.   All cancelled by them.   As she was flying on 12th to Tenerife and you were due to fly on 10th I hope by now you have received your communication from Love Holidays?   
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback