Scam : Dial-a-Tan on Facebook

edited 2 July at 1:58PM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
9 replies 312 views
micflair_2micflair_2 Forumite
219 posts
Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 2 July at 1:58PM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Warning guys, the below page is a scam and has been taking deposits for hot tubs via bank transfer only. They are then not sending them out and blocking the users. They have been reported to Facebook countless times but they refuse to take them offline for some bizzare reason.

https://www.facebook.com/dialatans/

Replies

• JamoLewJamoLew Forumite
    575 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    There really needs to be an "Avoid clicking on ads in Facebook if you don't want to lose your money" sticky
  • London50London50 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but IMO anyone who uses bank transfers only has themselves to blame
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused as to how you get a dial up tan .
  • Carrot007Carrot007 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people pay money by bank transfer to a "company" just becuase they are on facebook and have not checked them out well, FATM.

• EctophileEctophile Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have been reported to Facebook countless times but they refuse to take them offline for some bizzare reason.

The advertisers pay Facebook to use the service.  You don't.  Who do you think is Facebook's real customer?

If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning guys, the below page is a scam and has been taking deposits for hot tubs via bank transfer only. They are then not sending them out and blocking the users. They have been reported to Facebook countless times but they refuse to take them offline for some bizzare reason.

https://www.facebook.com/dialatans/

You should be asking the victims why do they A use bank transfers and B why buy based on a Facebook advert.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the title and thought that this was some hanky panky!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is though that all over Facebook there are people claiming that bank transfers can easily be reclaimed, there even seems to be an urban myth that there is a single form called a transfer reclaim form that takes a couple of minutes to complete and immediately gets your money back.  Whilst people think that there is no risk then they will continue to support these scammers. 

As recently as last week on a group I posted that there was no immediate reclaim form, only to be told I was talking rubbish and anyone who knew how banks work would know that they have to give you your money back if you are scammed. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • mobileronmobileron Forumite
    529 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt even use my debit card online,use a credit cad the the banks money,there loss not yours.
    Noticed that in the UK car dealers dont like credit card payments,its not the extra interest charge,its the conditions of the card they hate.