What does FR mean after Bank acct name

Hi, my Nat West bank account is in my name however the letters FR appear after my name.     I have to show Ebay a bank statement and on it the bank account holders name is my surname, my initial and then FR which does not match Ebays account name so Ebay will reject it..    Anyone know what this FR means?    

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Are you a priest by any chance?
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Banks can add a prefix and suffix to your name to reflect your status, qualifications, gender etc. (post nominal letters being the suffix)
    Ivan suggests priest but I think they use OFM.  It could be a fellowship of something.

It is unlikely that eBay would reject it as they are unlikely to take notice of post nominal letters.  However, if you do not know what they are then you should contact the bank to get the post nominal letters removed.   They probably added them in error.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ryanair employee? 🤣
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I know NatWest had an account called First Reserve- could it be something to do with that? 
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • burner03
    burner03 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This happens if you’ve been found out to be French. Did you not read the ts and cs of the account when you applied? C’est la vie!
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    November2 said:
    Hi, my Nat West bank account is in my name however the letters FR appear after my name.     I have to show Ebay a bank statement and on it the bank account holders name is my surname, my initial and then FR which does not match Ebays account name so Ebay will reject it..    Anyone know what this FR means?    
    I've had a letter from a charity today and the envelope carries an FR logo, which states that they are 'Registered with Fundraising Regulator'.  
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dunstonh said:
    Banks can add a prefix and suffix to your name to reflect your status, qualifications, gender etc. (post nominal letters being the suffix)
    Ivan suggests priest but I think they use OFM.  It could be a fellowship of something.

It is unlikely that eBay would reject it as they are unlikely to take notice of post nominal letters.  However, if you do not know what they are then you should contact the bank to get the post nominal letters removed.   They probably added them in error.

Fr as a prefix would be Father (so for a Catholic priest for example)
    OFM as a suffix is specially for a Franciscan, not a generic term for priests

• quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    dunstonh said:
    ...  It could be a fellowship of something...

Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Pdman
    Pdman Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    As well as FR I have had BPO added to account name on credit entries.  Any suggestions?
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    BPO on my statements has meant Bill Payment, possibly Bill Payment Online
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills