E: 05/07 WIN A VIP TRIP TO ALTON TOWERS RESORT PLUS £1000! (Tel)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “The Sun Superdays Alton Towers Resort On Air Competitions – Magic Weekend Breakfast” (the “Competition”).
These terms and conditions (the “Specific Terms”) for the Competition should be read alongside our general competition terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which will also apply to this Competition. Where there is any conflict between these Specific Terms and the General Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail.
1.ENTRY ROUTES AND COSTS Entries are restricted to 1 per person.
Entry to the Competition is available via the following routes:
(B) Phone by calling 03 444 777 888 when instructed by the Magic Radio presenter on air on Saturday 4th July 2020 and Sunday 5th July 2020 between 6am and 10am, which is a national rate telephone number. Please note calls may cost more if calling from a mobile.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
There will be one on air winner on Saturday 4th July 2020 and there will be one on air winner on Sunday 5th July 2020.
On Saturday two callers will be taken to air and the presenters will play the game with caller 1 first. The presenter will ask caller 1 if the rides that they are saying are real or fake ride names. They will be given 3 names. The presenter will then ask caller 2 if the rides they are saying are real or fake ride names. They will be given 3 names. The caller who gets the most correct answers wins the prize. If there is a tie and they both get the same amount of correct answers, then it will go to a tie-break round. Both callers will be asked the same question before the game on air is played so the presenter will then have their answers, and if it needs to go to a tie-break, the presenter already has their answers the callers gave earlier to ensure no one can cheat. It will be the caller with the closest answer that will be the winner for that day.
On Sunday it will be exactly the same mechanic as the Saturday mechanic.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
Entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
The presenter will ask for people to call in who wish to play from 6am (the “Start Time”) to 10am (“End Time”) on Saturday 4th July and Sunday 5th July 2020.
Calls received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
Winner Announcement. The name and the home town of the winner(s) will be announced on Magic in the show between 6am and 10am on Saturday 4th July 2020 and Sunday 5th July 2020.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
• Open to UK residents.
• Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
• We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
5. THE PRIZE 1 x winner from Saturdays competition and 1 winner from Sunday’s competition will each receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
• A VIP trip to Alton Towers Resort.
• £1000 to spend to make your trip extra special while you are at Alton Towers Resort ( in the form of a bank transfer or cheque )
1x VIP Trip to Alton Towers Resort for a family of four which includes:
• 2 nights stay in a Moon Voyage themed room for a family of 4 ( 2 adults 18+ and 2 children 17 and under) .
• Breakfast for a family of 4 on one of the mornings of the stay ( 2 adults 18+ and 2 children 17 and under) .
• Free Parking
• Plus, a Standard season Pass for up to 4 guests ( 2 adults 18+ and 2 children 17 and under) .
• Waterpark entry (2 days)
• Golf entry (1 day)
• Fast-pass on selected rides (2 days)
• 1 goody bag with Alton Towers merchandise.
Terms and Conditions:
Prize covers two nights accommodation for up to 4 guests ( 2 adults 18+ and 2 children 17 and under) in a Moon Voyage themed room in the Alton Towers Hotel. Valid until 1st October 2020, excluding secondary ticketed events (e.g. concerts), attraction closed dates. Prize also includes breakfast and a Standard Season Pass for up to 4 guests, entrance to the Waterpark for two days, entrance to Extraordinary Golf for 1 day and Fast-pass on selected rides for use in the theme park for 2 days. Entrance to The Alton Towers Dungeon, Tree Top Quest and Spa are not included in the prize. Limited number of competition prize rooms available on any one night and subject to availability. Season Pass is valid from date of issue until 1st November 2020 (Excludes Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in August, Scarefest & Fireworks events). Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. For accommodation purposes only, one guest must be aged 18+. Identification will be required upon check-in. Check-in can be made from 3pm onwards. Prizes do not include travel to or from Alton Towers Resort, in-room movies and phone calls. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner and guests. The Alton Towers Resort reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including over capacity. Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. Visitors under 12 years must be accompanied by a person 18 years of age or over at the Alton Towers Resort. Prizes are non- transferable, not for resale and there is no cash alternative.
The £1000 is provided by Bauer Media. A member of Bauer Media will be in touch with the winner before 5.30pm on Wednesday 15th July 2020. It will be sent to the winner via bank transfer or cheque. Either method may take up to 14 days to reach the winner from the day suitable ID is provided to Bauer.
The VIP trip to Alton Towers Resort is provided by Merlin Entertainment PLC (the “Prize Provider”). Bauer Media are not responsible for any aspect of the Prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery or a prize winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions. The winner’s details will be passed on to Merlin Entertainment PLC in a password protected document after suitable ID is provided to Bauer. A member of the Merlin Entertainment PLC team will then be in touch with the winner before Friday 31st July 2020 to organise and arrange their prize with them.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered for the trip to Alton Towers Resort.
Travel is not included in this prize.
Food and drinks are not included in this prize other than what is stated above.
5. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. For SMS entries you automatically consent to receive marketing. You may opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to the relevant text shortcode number. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
• Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
• Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
• You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
• We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
• Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
• As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
8. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: [email protected] Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.