New Post Advanced Search

easyJet Package Booking Issue

3 replies 106 views
Hi,

Just wondering if somebody can help me...

I am booking my own stag trip for next May (best man is useless) - I found a great deal on easyjet that had brilliant flight times and was in the price range that was acceptable for all 17 of us.  Yesterday morning when I went to book, I can only book 9 people at a time or call them to do more, tried calling but the call centres are closed.  So in my own wisdom at the time decided to try and book in 3 blocks (6 people - 6 people - 5 people).  Managed to get the first booking on, paid the £360 deposit via credit card no issues - went to do the second booking - no availability left....and the hotel next door said the same....then looked at different hotels around the area....managed to find one but all prices have risen by at least £175 per person.

I've checked the flights via flight only and there is plenty of room left on the flight so I know its the hotels being fully booked.

The issue I now have is I need to cancel this and hoping that within the 24 hours of booking I will get the £360 back - but I physically can't speak to anybody to sort that.  I was on hold for 1hr 15mins yesterday but was told I need to ring a different number...that won't work because of the coronavirus.

I have emails showing I have tried to cancel within 24 hours of the booking being made - do I have a case for a full refund if and when they come back online???

Replies