Anyone Seen Robinson's Lemon Barley ?

New Post Advanced Search

Anyone Seen Robinson's Lemon Barley ?

20 replies 700 views
moleratmolerat Forumite
23.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems to have run off without a trace.  Tesco and Sainsbury's don't list it any more and Asda have had an empty space for months

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The orange has gone too
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    337 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    At the time of posting, for what it may it may not be worth, it's shown as in stock on ASDA's home shopping website, both when I'm signed in or not.
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• peewhyeffpeewhyeff Forumite
    949 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Aldi do 'fruit and barley' squash.   I bought the peach flavour 2 wks ago.
    They do other flavours but not sure if there is lemon variety. I'll  try and check when I'm next in store.
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is probably a stockpile in the SW19 area.
    This space for hire.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many manufacturers are not producing their full ranges at the moment, in order to meet increased demand on their more popular products. 
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KxMx said:
    Many manufacturers are not producing their full ranges at the moment, in order to meet increased demand on their more popular products. 
    I thought that was probably the case. I've been trying to track down pink grapefruit for weeks. Any recommendations for a squash that's fairly sharp and sugar free?
  • edited 2 July at 11:54AM
    Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    337 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 2 July at 11:54AM
    KxMx said:
    Many manufacturers are not producing their full ranges at the moment, in order to increase demand on their more profitable products. :(

"Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• mamanmaman Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve_L said:
    KxMx said:
    Many manufacturers are not producing their full ranges at the moment, in order to increase demand on their more profitable products. :(

I think that's true of some things but hardly the case with flavours of squash which all cost the same. Or are the boring sickly flavours which are readily available cheaper to produce? 🤔
  • peewhyeffpeewhyeff Forumite
    949 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Checked Aldi barley varieties today.   Sorry but no lemon barley.  Aldi does Summer Fruits, Peach, Apple+Pear, and Orange.  Visited Iceland too where they do stock Robinsons......but no lemon.
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrisons online sell Robinsons lemon squash
    https://groceries.store.morrisons.com/products/100163966/details