Artificial turf

Options
Hi Guys 

I am having 110 square metres of Artificial turf laid and the turf is £17,99 per square metre, can anyone advise what I should be paying to have the job done

Comments

• tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had several quotes from suppliers. 110sqm. Needs excavation, MOT, gravel, turf. All quotes coming in at 6.7k to 8k.

I was shocked

• ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It’s expensive to put down, ive also heard it can devalue your property as it’s expensive since to remove if you move and the buyers want a real garden due to chemicals added to soil and all the sand / hardcore that goes down. Cost of your turf is just one part of the job, needs excavating, filling, weed matting etc and all labour costs, make sure you get a lengthy warranty too. When we go on walks round the estate it’s mad how often we see artificial turf gardens covered in weeds. 
  • HicPops
    Options
    Artificial turf is notoriously expensive and incredibly damaging to wildlife. Wildlife friendly gardens can require very little maintenance and cost if that's what you want. It's definitely a money saver! 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I can't help with the cost but, as other have said, there is a lot of preparatory work if the job is being done properly.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And the good , realistic , fake grass is incredibly expensive . Buy cheap and it looks like a greengrocers window display
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport