Entered Skipped not working on a comp

edited 30 June at 8:47PM in Compers Chat Corner
18 replies 527 views
amsquaredamsquared Forumite
2.1K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 June at 8:47PM in Compers Chat Corner
The new red green buttons on the main thread are great but there was one post today where neither work. I tried opening the post as well but still couldn't get either button to work.  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6163273/e-03-06-win-a-6-course-dining-experience-at-six-by-nico-with-wine-pairing#latest
Best Comp wins in last 22 years. Holidays - Hawaii, Toronto, Thailand twice, Dubai twice, Cyprus, Spain, Lake District, Glasgow and London. A couple of £1000 wins as vouchers. A Dimplex Fire. Variety of small prizes ranging from Cosmetics to weedkiller!

Replies

• MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worked for me in Safari on ipad 
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    52K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look below the post it says
    This discussion has been closed.
    It may be due to the "03/06" end date.

The comp actually closes 03/07 9am https://www.instagram.com/p/CCD7O8zF1A4/
    Normally the end date would be edited in this case, or if it was really past the end date it would be moved to Game Over.
  • molly57.molly57. Forumite
    282 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Good Morning,
    The "enter" and "skip" buttons were added to the main list yesterday and worked fine. Today they are not working at all for me. I've logged out and in and no difference. 
  • martinsnestmartinsnest Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you open the post how do you know if you want to enter or skip without the hover facility its still rubbish!
  • nelienelie Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The competitions ending today have been closed, which means you can't press entered or skipped. The discusssion should only be closed on the day after, in my opinion, as you can still enter them today - those are the only ones I'm having issues with.
    August Wins:

Best Win in 2020:
    Antler Suitcase, Weekend Bag and £200 of haircare
  • molly57.molly57. Forumite
    282 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    nelie said:
    The competitions ending today have been closed, which means you can't press entered or skipped. The discusssion should only be closed on the day after, in my opinion, as you can still enter them today - those are the only ones I'm having issues with.
    That will explain it. Someone or something has closed competitions ending 01/07 too early whilst they are still open and valid.

• edited 1 July at 9:12AM
    MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 9:12AM
    They're not all closed, probably a glitch, or testing
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • edited 1 July at 11:10AM
    thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    20.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 11:10AM
    I can only find two comps that end on 01/07 and have been closed. These are both comps that were posted on 30/06.
    @Misslayed It could be a glitch connected to the new End Date field so that it closes comps when they reach the specified end date. If so it needs to be made +1.
    ETA: I can only find one comp with end date of 30/06 in GO that has actually been closed and that was also posted on 30/06. (Honeybuns) 
    GrandBob
  • edited 1 July at 11:22AM
    amsquaredamsquared Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 11:22AM
    here is another one https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6163657/e-01-07-win-a-range-of-authentic-spice-blends-tw#latest that can't be entered/skipped - posted today and ends today 01/07
    Best Comp wins in last 22 years. Holidays - Hawaii, Toronto, Thailand twice, Dubai twice, Cyprus, Spain, Lake District, Glasgow and London. A couple of £1000 wins as vouchers. A Dimplex Fire. Variety of small prizes ranging from Cosmetics to weedkiller!
  • BlueBellaBlueBella Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like we cannot cross or tick any comps that have today's end date!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea