New Post Advanced Search

Advice on basins/ sanitaryware

7 replies 151 views
I'm replacing bathroom, and have someone to do the work but I'm responsible for buying sanitaryware. Online firms I used 10 years ago all seem to have gone. Any recommendations and also ideas on makes of basins - looking for rectangular basin either under or on counter - using kitchen units for the cupboard. Prob crosswater or Hudson reed for taps/ shower etc but all ideas welcome. Ideally want 10 year guarantees but on a budget Many thanks
🏅🏅🏅 

Replies

• grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate under-counter sinks and basins. Sacrifice of practicality to good look.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • starving_artiststarving_artist Forumite
    797 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    grumbler said:

Interesting Grumbler - why do you say under counter sinks are not practical?
  • DoozergirlDoozergirl Forumite
    30.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crosswater and Bauhaus all day long.  If you're on a budget, see if you can get any ex display stuff on eBay 🙂
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    grumbler said:

Interesting Grumbler - why do you say under counter sinks are not practical?
    Because of the joint between the sink and the worktop. Belfast sinks are the worst in this respect.

We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • PetriixPetriix Forumite
    804 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You'd be amazed at what you can pick up on gumtree and ebay where people have bought something but changed their minds or simply removed practically new items. However, if you want to buy new then there are lots of options from amazon or a range of (reasonabley) reputable online retailers for pretty affordable prices.

We bought taps and a toilet from Amazon which are still doing fine after nearly 4 years. The bath was second hand but practically new. Also picked up an unused cloakroom sink including tap and cabinet from gumtree. Cost next to nothing.
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roca, Grohe and Matki - holiday cottages that are standing the test of time.
  • southcoastrgisouthcoastrgi Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your installer won't be happy if you buy online, stuff broken or missing, go to the local sheds or plumbers merchant 
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.