Plan 1 Student loan annual statement

Options
Hi all,

I graduated almost a decade ago so am on a plan 1 Student loan. This loan is almost due to complete its repayment - I moved onto a Direct debit last month, and my last PAYE deduction was in March. 

I'd like to pay off the remaining balance in full by debit card, however I don't quite trust the settlement balance that Student Finance England are giving me because they can't say how it was worked out. My own calculations show it to be a little on the high side, given the amount I paid via PAYE in the 2019/20 financial year.

In the last few years my annual statement arrived typically in June, but I haven't had it yet, and it isn't showing in the list of letters on my online account either. I asked their Twitter department, and they advised me, that they have started printing these but it could arrive at any time in the summer. 

Has anyone had theirs at all?

Comments

• nokia1100
    nokia1100 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not had mine yet, but I'm not stressing as I'm a little while behind you in clearing mine.  I doubt COVID has made them any quicker this year though! What sort of figure do you think you're down to versus what they're saying?
    --Savings: £284k and counting...26/09/14 the day I reached six figures, doubled on 24/07/20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback