Golf Club Fees

My husband is a golf club member who pays his fees through a Premium Credit scheme . This company pay the club at the start of the golfing year and he pays by d/d to PC each month,unfortunately he has now got cancer and is unable to play,he asked asked his club to reimburse PC and sway the rest of the years fees,they have refused this and told us we must continue to pay, are they correct?

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm assuming they pay the yearly fee upfront and your husband is technically in a credit agreement with them to repay the "borrowed" funds? 
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 June 2020 at 4:40PM
    Yes they are. Fees are due at the beginning of the year (by end Feb for my club) and apply for that membership period. The fact you are (he is) paying this via finance doesn't change the liability. Indeed, paying your annual membership fee is no guarantee of ever actually playing during that membership year - it's merely an entitlement to play.

All you can hope for is a gesture of goodwill ... so far it seems they're not willing to offer this. (Golf clubs have taken a significant financial hit with COVID-19 ... I'm actually half-expecting a "begging bowl" communication to come out).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback