New Post Advanced Search

Holiday accommodation cancelled

2 replies 144 views
Hi 

Just heard that my accommodation in Zante has been  cancelled the accommodation is no longer on the website and the balance is due, and I cant get hold of Olympic to change, what do I do pay the balance and wait for them to contact me, regards

Replies

• TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  If you don't pay the balance on time they will be entitled to keep the deposit.  Once they contact you they may give you the option of alternative accommodation or cancelling.  If you still want to go I would check the other accommodation in the area so you have a better understanding of the options at that time.
  • edited 2 July at 12:41PM
    AlexMacAlexMac Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 July at 12:41PM
    Their advice at 
    https://www.olympicholidays.com/help/travel-updates/
    is helpful and reassuring. 
    In fact most decent Travel Companies are treating customers fairly; I've had one hol cancelled with a full refund (without me even having to ask) and another I've deferred to Sept.  Not Olympic, but let's hope they'll do what they also say on their web page FAQs.

I'm optimistic about my Septemeber hol happening...if the UK Government ever untwists its knickers and issues the much-pre-empted list of places we can visit, and then rememembers to tell the FCO to amend its "essential only" travel advice! 

Wouldn't it be nice if Downing Street just issued official advice rather than endless leaks to the Daily Telegraph?