New Post Advanced Search

Travel insurance

3 replies 62 views
As the government is still advising against all but essential travel abroad. Am i correct in saying that should i take out a new travel insurance policy it would be invalid?? Hoping to travel to Spain start of July 2020. Thanks.

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    46.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be invalid but without FCO advice to travel they can refuse to cover the holiday
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    44.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would be unwise to travel uninsured just because you can't get cover for COVID-19. There is a far greater chance of other misfortunes happening abroad, which you would still need cover for: hospital treatment locally, repatriation, loss of possessions or robbery, etc.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    443 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Just to say - I had an email from an insurer yesterday( no names but I am over 55 and have car insurance with them!!) They are offering travel insurance with covid 19 cover for emergency medical cover and repatriation, so guess these companies are trying to get business.