Forum Home» Credit Cards

Post Office Credit Card - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Post Office Credit Card

25 replies 1.2K views

Replies

• LittleMo51LittleMo51 Forumite
    4 posts
    Fifth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Will they charge for use abroad? Post office didn’t, I have looked but couldn’t find anything.  I will be downloading the whole email for my records and go through it.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they haven't changed your terms, then there will be no change.
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    davew62 said:
    When Jaja takes over the Purchase Protection Insurance will be cancelledwhat impact (if any) will this have?
    Does it mean Jaja will not honour section 75 claims? 

As Jaja are the credit provider they will honor section 75 claims, provided it is covered under these terms as it is part of the Consumer Credit act.  Also I don't think companies these days provide PPI on credit products.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • edited 1 July at 1:27PM
    *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July at 1:27PM
    Why don't they offer to have a Post Office Credit Card with Capital One?
    I think I would prefer to have a Post Office Credit Card with Capital One after the 12th September 2020.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presumably because Capital One didn't want to buy the book.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I like the design of the new Post Office Credit Card a lot better.
    The Jaja credit card is all boringly black.
  • edited 1 July at 3:36PM
    gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 3:36PM
    The Post Office branded cards were issued by the Bank of Ireland UK who own the customers and who are withdrawing from the UK CC market.
    BoI have arranged for Jaja to issue them - and their are some very big firms backing Jaja so I wouldn't worry about the switch.

In my experience, Capital One customer service can be very poor
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they offer to have a Post Office Credit Card with Capital One?
    I think I would prefer to have a Post Office Credit Card with Capital One after the 12th September 2020.
    The new post office credit card is issued by capital one and they offer two versions. A classic card and a travel card. 

Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the design of the new Post Office Credit Card a lot better.
    The Jaja credit card is all boringly black.
    I actually have and like the current Jaja card design. However, that does not mean the cards they issue to replace the Post Office ones will necessarily be the same design
  • apothekedeapothekede Forumite
    1 posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Does anyone know approx. when we will receive the new card? Ist it in September? August? Can anyone guess wehn they will be issuing them?
    I am asking as I am going away for a very long holiday and I do not want them to send the card when I am not home or nobody is there.
    Thanks for your help, whoever can!