Living with parents on UC!

Options
I know the situation is organic and is changing by the day but I was hoping someone maybe able to shed 'any' light on to this question.
I have been claiming UC for around 3 years now and whilst I have been fortunate and not had any major problems (I will send Voodoo Dolls and pins out), I now have a rather 'peculiar' query. I currently live at home (and have no plans whatsoever on moving out), but my parents (despite their protestation) are in the 'aged' bracket, I myself am on a 'shielded list' (but the bottom one I am fat). All this being said, my parents are over 75, thus more vulnerable and given that our local Post Office has been shut for 2 weeks because of COVID (and I got a fine for not paying a fine but that's another story), will I have to look for a job or will I be exempt.
I know official government advice is still that 75+ need to shield and whilst my parents are 'totally' adhering to that (not), I want feel that I should try this 'life preservation' malarky for as long as possible.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhoea but any help would be well, helpful!

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure