Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Pet Food Pouch Recycling

Hi all! 
I've recently discovered this scheme which collects pet food pouches to be recycled. 
https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/petfood
Food pouches from our little feline make up the bulk of our non-recyclable rubbish, so I'm keen to use it.  When you donate you can redeem points which turn into donations for a charity of your choice (from a list). 

Does anyone have any experience with it? 
In particular, whats the best way to wash the pet food pouches? Cutting down the side and flattening them out for a wash, or keeping them whole filling with soapy water? I know that for us to stick to this, we'll need a method that's not a pain in the bum. Myself and the OH use a dishwasher almost exclusively, and i'm guessing they shouldn't go in there! :wink:

Please move this if it's in the wrong section - I figured people on this board might have been more likely to have used this before. 

Replies