IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Judgement for Claimant (in default)

my son has just received a Judgement for Claimant (in default), but knows nothing about it. The form has ParkingEye Chorley on it, but my son has had no previous correspondence from them & doesn't know what it might refer too. What should he do contact the court or ParkingEye?
tnank you in advance 


  • edited 29 June 2020 at 10:31AM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 29 June 2020 at 10:31AM
    By when is/was the judgment to be paid?

    Has your son (or you if he's still living with you) changed address around/since the time of the original parking event?

    Contact the Northampton CCBC to determine to what address the original court claim was sent. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • henrik777henrik777 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    He needs to find out as much as possible. Ask both.
    Date of parking event. Date of claim filed. Date of default judgment.
    Date of any house moves. Date DVLA notified regarding V5 (not driving license).

    He really needs to work out what has happened and why. Then he can form a plan.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Is his V5C up to date with his current address on it ?

    Is it from a court or is it actually from the CCBC in Northampton (which is not a court) ?

    Chances are it's for an unpaid PCN , issued by Parking Eye in Chorley , plus it seems all the paperwork has gone astray , numerous letters from both PE and from the CCBC

    He should send a SAR by email to PE attaching a copy of the V5C to get copies of all the paperwork and all data belonging to him

    Seems to me the lack of letters needs looking into , urgently , do not let this lie, act quickly
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals