Forum Home» Disability Money Matters

Dla form for absence epilepsy

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Dla form for absence epilepsy

7 replies 202 views
Hi I've gt the dla  form to fill in for my daughter and  worried about the school filling in there part of the form due to the not seeing her for the past 4 month because of the corona lockdown.... Before the covid outbreak we had seen a peadrition and been referred for eeg... Bt tge corona hit so was postponed... But she got redicously worse so they did it as and emergency... Now the school hasn't seen her for 4 months so won't know much... Hw do I rectify this pls? Xx

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    10.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send as much evidence as possible that proves how she's affected. Writing a diary will also help. Remember, it's not about a diagnosis. You need to prove that she needs more care and attention than another child of the same age who doesn't have a disability.
  • B88xB88x Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    I understand that it's the schools part I'm worried about as they've nt seen her for 4 months x
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then don't include anything from the school, any supporting evidence is only worth sending if it supports the claim, so reports from consultants are the best, and as poppy12345 says a diary in this circumstance is an excellent idea. You should concentrate on how often she has absences, what happens, for how long, what medication she takes and if it works or not. How old is your daughter?
    Boycott the right wing press !
  • B88xB88x Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    She is six she cn have upto 15 in the space of half an hour  xx

• Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    DLA for epilepsy is not straight forward.  Contact Epilepsy Action for advice to the best approach.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    B88x said:
    She is six she cn have upto 15 in the space of half an hour  xx

Thats extremely bad especially if its every half hour, is she seeing a neurologist? has she been put on any meds? I have severe epilepsy and if I had upto 15 absences in half an hour bearing in mind each one last a minute or so and takes longer to orientate afterwards I would be permanently spaced out
    Boycott the right wing press !
  • B88xB88x Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    They don't. Last a minute with her there between 10 and 20 seconds... Yes she's had an eeg they diagnosed her and have put her on medication x