Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

60% Inc in Aviva Travel Ins blamed on a change I made to policy before I renewed it last time.

New Post Advanced Search

60% Inc in Aviva Travel Ins blamed on a change I made to policy before I renewed it last time.

5 replies 138 views
I have a worldwide travel insurance with Aviva which I have held for over 5 years.  It goes up every year but not by much.  This year it went up 60% and the reason given is"
Please note that you made a change during your policy term which affected last year’s price. Although this change happened part way through the year, the above price includes what you would have paid if it had applied to the full 12 months. This is so you can compare last year’s price with this year on an equal basis"
I haven't made any changes to the policy and Avivia refusing to tell me what the change is I made!  
Suspect this is a claw back from losses to Covid 19.  
I know I will have to shop around now but just venting!  Anyone else in the same position?

Replies

• edited 28 June at 9:03AM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June at 9:03AM
    Yes, I'm sure there will be.
  • dacouchdacouch Forumite
    21.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you're not looking at the "Last year's premium" which is often put on to allow you to compare the current premium with last year's premium
  • ChantellesquandryChantellesquandry Forumite
    9 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    No last years premium is there but this year's premium is 60% higher.

• ChantellesquandryChantellesquandry Forumite
    9 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have just received the following response from Aviva which confirms the increase is nothing to do with any change - shame they don't want to hold themselves upto the same level of honesty that they require from their customers.
    "Unfortunately, over the last 12-18 months, we have seen an increase in our Travel Insurance premiums and there are various reasons for this. After reviewing our claims statistics and costs we have seen that the cost of claims overseas has increased significantly (particularly medical related claims), the cost of holidays has increased and there has been a deterioration in exchange rates and, as most travel claims are paid for in foreign currencies, this has a direct impact on the cost of claims."
  • csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loyalty usually never pays
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP