Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

All inclusive facilities not available

New Post Advanced Search

All inclusive facilities not available

33 replies 1.8K views
My hotel has cancelled entertainment,  buffet, 2 restaurants, football, volleyball, water polo, gym, kids club, rooftop bar closed, limited space in and out of pool. I'm going with 2 other families and we cannot sit together now. That's what I paid for for my children. Can I cancel knowing that these facilities are now not available and will I get a full refund. 

Replies

• edited 27 June at 2:09PM
    WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 June at 2:09PM
    Much will depend on the terms & conditions of the unnamed travel firm. Have you read these?
    Look for a section under changes to your holiday. See if anything mentioned about what they class as a significant change.

I suspect you will have more chance of exiting from the holiday if you have booked a traditional package holiday with an operator like TUI or Jet2Holidays.  More difficulty of one of the cobbled together holidays from someone like On The Beach, Love Holidays, Teletext. 
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've read, Jet2 are far more likely to by sympathetic than TUI.
  • bmistrybmistry Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    I'm with Travel Repubic. Another family who were joining us have had their cancelled by TUI giving the reason that the holiday is not what they can offer due to restrictions. 
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you name the hotel and resort so others will not book it or at least check it out before booking.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    bmistry said:
    I'm with Travel Repubic. Another family who were joining us have had their cancelled by TUI giving the reason that the holiday is not what they can offer due to restrictions. 

And this is where the traditional tour operators will win through.  

Travel Republic will have created this package on separate contracts with separate and possibly multiple suppliers.  You could certainly ask them and remonstrate about the lack of hotel facilities but they may allow you to cancel the hotel but you will be left with the flight.  
  • NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    " And this is where the traditional tour operators will win through." 
    Sadly a lot of Brit holiday makers will now wish they had booked through Jet2 or TUI, despite the latter's poor performance with refunds.
    I expect DIY bookings will drop significantly in future.

• peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly a lot of Brit holiday makers will now wish they had booked through Jet2 or TUI, despite the latter's poor performance with refunds.

I don't expect DIY will, at least with DIY you're in charge of your own destiny, you know who you've paid and you know who to ask for a refund, and as long as you booked direct are likely to get it.    But travellers will lose confidence in outfits like Travel Republic who put together dynamic packages, often as the 2nd or 3rd agent in a re-selling line, all passing the buck when it comes to taking responsibility for refunds.  
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

I do not agree with you ONLY because as has been seen in the past some people will book with anybody to save a few bob, its only when the brown stuff hits the fan do they then complain that they have been RIPPED OFF/SCAMMED etc, its happening now and will happen again.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I think all those people vowing not to use these companies will do so if they see a 'deal' that suits them.
  • NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously opinions differ.
    So many people have had bad experieces with OTAs recently that they will revise their future booking mindsets.