Shipshape and Bristol Fashion

Options

Comments

• MagicCat
    MagicCat Posts: 390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Working a long day shift today, so not much time for anything but work, tea time and bedtime! I did well with avoiding snacking at work again and just ate what I'd brought with me, but DH has got us some mini wispas, so suspect I'll have a few of those! First chocolate in over a week though so not too bad.

It's been a no spends day too thanks to work. Next week I have 2 birthday presents to get and will need some more petrol, but going to try to avoid anything else apart from online grocery shop at the end of the week.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far :)
    Mortgage December 2023: TBC

Credit card debt (extension cost) Dec 2023: £9786

Fashion on the Ration 2024: 0/66 coupons

He said not 'Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be dis-eased'; but he said, 'Thou shalt not be overcome.' Julian of Norwich
  • MagicCat
    Options
    Working again yesterday, so not a lot else. We had a nice day in the garden on Saturday with the paddling pool out, S and M loved it, they don't seem to mind the cold!

£25 on petrol yesterday but this will easily last the month at the moment. I need to finalise our online shop today and I have 2 birthday presents to get for the end of the month. Otherwise aiming for lots of NSDs!

I have signed up for some more survey sites, I also want to get in the habit of entering a few competitions each day as you never know!

I weighed myself on Sunday and was exactly the same - stupidly I let this get to me and gave up and ate all sorts on Sunday but I did well yesterday and want to carry on today. I think I'm going to weigh daily - I know it can go up and down but it gets rid of the build up and feeling rubbish when I don't see a loss.

Hope everyone's week is going well :)

He said not 'Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be dis-eased'; but he said, 'Thou shalt not be overcome.' Julian of Norwich
  • thriftyish
    thriftyish Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Popping in to say hello! I can totally understand you being disheartened after being good and not seeing a difference. I weigh most days too, but can fluctuate a few pounds especially around my period, which is good to pre-empt but still disheartening when it happens! It is hard work, especially when combined with a grocery budget. Have you heard of myfitnesspal? Last time I lost weight I used that and it really helped. It's free to use, and because its calorie based nothing is restricted. It takes a while at first to input everything, but it gets much faster as you can guestimate weights and save regular meals. It also adds on exercise so if you have something that counts steps or similar, it will up your calories in accordance with your exercise. I suffer from perfectionism at points and the ship scenario you posted really resonated! Good luck with your goals  :)
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
    Mortgage Debt May 2020: 159,804

Now: £151,085
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know what you mean. I try really hard and then when I can't see the weight moving I give up and start wrecking it all by eating and drinking all manner of things. I know what I should be eating and what I should be limiting (note I am not saying giving up) so I'm thinking of going down the road of trying on clothes that are too tight at the moment (that's most of them) and seeing if they fit and look better. Just a thought.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • MagicCat
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by @thriftyish! I've heard of my fitness Pal but not tried it, I have found in the past I do much better with a food diary though so will have a look at it, I think you're right and keeping some sort of record would help.

@Toni'sfriend sorry to hear you're going through the same thing, you're right - weight is only part of it, weirdly part of why I was disappointed was becyi felt clothes were feeling a bit better, I need to see that as a result in itself rather than focusing on just the number.

Work again today - pretty good from a food point of view as only had 1 biscuit (which turned out to be a bit stale and disappointing  :'( ) and good for money saving as I spent nothing. Exhausted now as M was up at 4 for the day, so an early night then need to get on with jobs tomorrow.

• MagicCat
    Options
    A bit more sleep last night, hooray! I went to bed really early, only to be woken up not by M but by rolling over and knocking a toy postman pat van one of the children had kindly left in the bed onto the floor with a massive crash  :disappointed:

Online shop is arriving later, it was £82.43 with about £16 of stuff for FIL so not too bad.

Have signed up for some new survey sites. At the moment I tend to save up my earnings with prolific for anything I need - e.g. shampoo, tights etc - to avoid spending that money.  Ages ago when I was here paying off a lot of debt I used to save all my earnings towards Christmas - I had a goal of 40% of Christmas budget from surveys which I made. Not sure I could manage that now with the children, but am going to aim for 25% of Christmas budget through surveys etc, I've got about 5 months so should be doable!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday  :)

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Options
    HI @MagicCat just popping on sorry for butting in but thought I'd comment about the weighing, try not to focus too much on the numbers as they fluctuate so much and no need to do every day. Try and focus on how you feel, adapting your diet a bit at a time and increasing exercise (varying too) and noticing as you already have about how your clothes fit on you and how your shape is adjusting. It's amazing how the changes start to happen but never seem to be from where you want at first!!

Keep going it will take weeks rather than days but it will happen, H x
  • MagicCat
    Options
    Thanks @hugglemonster, I really appreciate the encouragement, I need it!

Busy few days - saw my mum for the first time since lockdown on Friday which was lovely, she came to see us and stayed distancing in the garden, but it was so nice to have her there. She's been to see my sister a couple of days before, I'd sent her and my niece and nephew Easter eggs in the post but she had got some and then didn't want to risk the post office in lockdown, so she'd kept them and sent them with my mum! Have never had a mini egg in July before  :disappointed:

Working Saturday, then FIL came over today, so it has been all go - I desperately need to do a hover and tidy round this evening.

Working tomorrow again, but I need to have a sit down at some point, really look at my goals and progress.

Quite pleased with eating and weight at the moment - there's only a minute change but I'm definitely eating better, even with a few mini eggs, less snacking and more fruit and veg so it's a start!

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend b :)

• thriftyish
    thriftyish Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the healthy changes, it's brilliant when you feel positive  :)
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
    Mortgage Debt May 2020: 159,804

Now: £151,085
  • ryanm8655
    ryanm8655 Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good work on starting a diary, it sounds as though you're doing well on the cutting down the shopping bill.
    When do your 0% offers expire? I assume you just pay minimum payment at the moment? If so I'd recommend rounding your DD up to slightly above the current minimum, as this helps with budgeting but will also help to clear the balance more quickly. Once the 0% period ends your minimum payments will go up quite a bit and you don't seem to have much room in the budget.

August 2019: £28.8k

November 2020: £0 (0% interest)

My debt free diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77330320#Comment_77330320

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback