Is paid notice the same as redundancy pay

Whilst on furlough, on the 30th April I have been told my position is being made redundant on 30th June after 9.5 years service, the letter stated 'under your contract of employment you are entitled to nine weeks' notice. They said you are not expected to attend work during your notice period. You will be placed on furlough during your notice period and will receive 100% of your salary. You are to undertake no work for the Company during this period’. I then got another letter confirming the 5 days cooling off period which read: 'As you will already be aware your notice period ends on 30th June, you will carry on being furloughed and will not be required to working during this time. All monies owed will be paid on 1st July. My question is they have put me on 9 weeks notice period and paid me 100% of my wages in May and June with no extra redundancy pay (apart from statutory redundancy) My contract states 2 months notice period so I thought that the notice period they are talking about was this, not my redundancy pay, as the contract states 1 week for every year served. I have not been paid the 1 week for every year served, when I rang my boss he said this redundancy was my paid notice period? I am confused and am asking if the notice period is classed as my redundancy pay??

Thank you

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It is not the 1st of July yet.
  • I know they have paid us already as pay day is usually 28th of month and as its a sunday they paid today, the letter was probably a formality I have talked to the boss and he says I have had my full pay
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Notice pay is seperate to redundancy. 
    With 9years service that is 9 weeks notice which is just a bit more than 2months 2nd July so they need to pay those 2 days. 

They also need to pay redundancy 9weeks adjusted for age. 

If the have not mentioned holiday there may be holiday pay due. 
    They can't assume you used it while on garden leave they need to put it in writing. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback