Redundancy question

Hello all
I'll try keep this short.
My full-time job of 15 years is now no longer full-time and as such my contract will come to an end , and as such I've been offered redundancy ( my job in full-time is redundant ) in this scenario I take my money all ok , and claim mortgage repayment insurance from my policy holder for a period of up to 12 months, all good in that sense. The fly in the ointment is I've been offered a new contract on 17 hours which maybe  difficult for me and they'll honour my full-time redundancy for 3 years after which it will then be calculated on my partime hours,  if made redundant in 3years 1month I'd end up losing out financially , and quite frankly I don't trust them one little bit.  They are also resistant to paying my redundancy serving my notice then re employing me. 
My main question is can I refuse the partime offer get redundancy and still claim my mortgage insurance .

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If it was me I would get them to completely terminate you and then restart a new contract on 17 hours a week, whilst you look for something else.
  • teabeagea
    teabeagea Posts: 30
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I know what you mean but am I entitled to my insurance policy 
  • sharpe106
    Forumite
    That would depend on the terms and conditions of the policy, so either have a read of the policy or ask them. Every policy will have different criteria.
  • teabeagea
    Forumite
    Can only get I touch via e mail. Covid 19 etc. But at the end of the day my job is redundant. No longer exists as a full-time job. Surely a person can't be forced in to less hours that's the point of the insurance
  • teabeagea
    Forumite
    Even if I get a reply from my insurance company are they not only going to try to get out of paying 
  • sharpe106
    Forumite
    Have to have a read of the policy without knowing what the exceptions are nobody knows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback