New Post Advanced Search

Samsung switches off and on

9 replies 63 views
s4uch1es4uch1e Forumite
14 posts
First Post
Hello and looking for advice. 
my SAMSUNG Curved UHD TV

6 SERIES MU6500 keeps switching itself off and back on every couple of minutes,  also if i try using the remote control it switches off and back on.  Been on live chat with Samsung who suggested unplug it for 30secs then suggested taking it 67miles to get looked at by a Samsung approved repair centre

Does anyone know anything else i can try or what i can do to rectify this issue, tv is only 3yrs old and wasn't cheap so very unhappy 

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a factory reset of the TV .
    Remove battery's from the remote just to rule that out .
    Double  check cables and connections .
    Fails your choice is
    Take it to Samsung if they have warranty on it still .
    Take it to a local TV repair and pay .
    Contact the vendor under Consumer Rights >> They will want to inspect it . Fault found they have the choice to repair replace or refund less 3 years usage,

A TV forum may be of help .
  • s4uch1es4uch1e Forumite
    14 posts
    First Post
    I will try factory reset, but strangely it works fine with the SAMSUNG magic remote control 
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggests its something to do with the IR or similar .
    14 posts
    First Post
    Is there a guide to performing the factory reset??

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    On an older Samsung TV , I found that a firmware update solved the constant "switching off" problem. Downloaded update from Samsung site to a USB stick then followed instructions in e-manual. Might be worth a try!!
    14 posts
    First Post
    Just searched for available updates but none available. 
    Also just done factory reset , can only operate using magic remote as as soon as i use SAMSUNG regular remote control it still switches off and on. 
    Even with magic remote i cant switch tv off without it coming back on a few seconds later.
    Red led light down near bottom right hand side is constantly flashing non stop aswell 
  • Al_RossAl_Ross Forumite
    570 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Okay,sounds like your Samsung remote control is faulty.Remove the batteries from the Samsung remote control and if the tv stays on the remote is duff.Could liquid have possibly been spilt on the remote?,this was a common occurance during my thirty years spent as a tv engineer.
  • HG77HG77 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    If it isn’t the remote (??)  then I’m afraid this sounds like the start of a panel failure - I had this issue and eventually it will end up clicking on/off every few seconds.  There is a known issue and I believe Samsung suffered a class action suit in relation to it in the States. 
  • HG77HG77 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    HG77 said:
    If it isn’t the remote (??)  then I’m afraid this sounds like the start of a panel failure - I had this issue and eventually it will end up clicking on/off every few seconds.  There is a known issue and I believe Samsung suffered a class action suit in relation to it in the States. 

ETA: From memory this issue was called ‘power cycling’ - after the debacle of customer services and the contempt shown from the Samsung CEO I refuse to buy any Samsung products of any description.

My TV was their leading one at the time (KS8000)