New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
I'm not in a great position. Moved 2 days before lockdown. A charity gave me gift cards from one4all. So I could buy a spare bed and bedroom furniture.  I have mental health problem so my son would come up and stay with me so I can get out and about. So I've had to do without my son. In a new town. Cant go to a store to spend the cards and i cant spend them online due to some law limiting how much you can spend online. So when i talk to one4all. Basically theres nothing they can do or want to do about it. 

Replies

• ZoeSkinnerZoeSkinner Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    I don't even know what to say, I'm sorry that you have health problems! Do you want them to let you remove the limit on gift cards?

• Andrea_jardinAndrea_jardin Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    One4all are kind of treated like prepaid debit cards, and online retailers aren't set up to allow the use of more than one in a single transaction. 

So if you have a £100 card, you can buy a £100 cupboard, but you can't use two cards to buy a £200 cupboard.

Once you are able to go inside an Argos store, for example, you should be able to use two £100 cards to buy a £200 cupboard. 

• AntonSmeshkoAntonSmeshko Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If you want to make a good gift, then do not buy gift cards. Just find the wish list of the person you want to give a gift to. This will be much more enjoyable.
  • JusticeformeJusticeforme Forumite
    205 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Message to all people who bought gift cards.  Many companies allow people to extend gift cards dates, make you sure to check dates and extend them ASP.