Bank Refunds

Options

Hi

I keep seeing Bank refund for 'packaged' accounts on Facebook. Is it legit?

Thanks

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It’s a legit advert I’m sure but it’ll be a claims management company offering to put a stamp on a letter for in exchange for a sizeable portion of any redress you might receive from a complaint.

if you have a complaint relating to packaged bank account fees, put it in writing and send it to the bank involved yourself. Be aware, despite what they might tell you, claims management companies do not have a greater chance of a ‘successful’ complaint outcome (often making your chances less) and don’t do anything for their 24% cut.

also be aware that a large portion of PBA complaints are rejected. 
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Facebook is often called scambook when it comes to advertising.    A lot of the adverts are genuine but a good quantity are at the shadowy end of the scale.

and don’t do anything for their 24% cut.

CMCs are not restricted to 20% plus vat for PBA complaints.   With the PBA complaint success rate now being quite low, its common to see much higher fee rates for putting a stamp on the envelope :)

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback