Working Visa to Australia

Options
Hello all,

My partner and I have been planning a year's long working holiday trip to Australia and we were all set to apply and jet off for the end of the year.

However Covid-19 has caused this to become delayed.

With relaxations starting to take place accross the world I was wondering if anyone please knew of any dates as to when we could look to apply and travel?

We have checked both the AUS and UK Gov sites but there isn't a definitive answer anywhere that we can see, does anyone please have further info relating to this?
Any info at all would be fantastic thank you,
Thanks again,
Paul and Immy.

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No definitive answer because nobody knows how the Covid-19 virus situation will play out. Oz is pretty well free of it because they instituted a quick and complete lockdown including closing both state and international borders. Chatting a couple of days ago to my son who lives in Brisbane, he thinks there's no chance of us visiting until well into next year.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • PaulJW95
    PaulJW95 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mgdavid said:
    No definitive answer because nobody knows how the Covid-19 virus situation will play out. Oz is pretty well free of it because they instituted a quick and complete lockdown including closing both state and international borders. Chatting a couple of days ago to my son who lives in Brisbane, he thinks there's no chance of us visiting until well into next year.

Thanks for the speedy reply! We have sent our visa apps today with a hopeful date of october 1st. I will keep everyone posted on here if we learn anything else! :smile:
  • Ibizafan
    Ibizafan Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My son also lives in Brisbane and thinks it will be well into next year before you can fly there. I usually go at Easter so my fingers are crossed. Luckily, they came over here in October so it hasn’t been too long since I saw them.
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 749 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Melbourne went in to lockdown again because of a spike.
    They are looking at the moment to keep UK visitors out for the rest of this year.
    Not sure how that will pan out......
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aus government has already said travel into the country by non citizens will not be opened till 2021 at the earliest 
  • PaulJW95
    Options
    Okay thanks for all the updates.
    Let's just see what happens then...
  • PaulJW95
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hope everyone is keeping well.
    With EU lifting their spirits recently does anyone have any further knowledge of what is to be expected regarding Australia? 
    I can't find any information relating to it that is from a valid source?
    Thanks again
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 July 2020 at 10:57AM
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia/entry-requirements

How official fo you want it? No non citizens into the country plus 14 days quarantine in government premises at your own expense even for citizens. This is likely to be until next year. 

• Ibizafan
    Ibizafan Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My son lives in Brisbane, and keeps me posted on all Covid updates over there, although it’s pretty State specific. People who live in Victoria can’t travel to Queensland for example, and they don’t mess about over there. As the above reply states, you can’t travel from here, and this is unlikely to change until 2021, especially now that further outbreaks have occurred over there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback