New Post Advanced Search

Review

2 replies 96 views
Kinners1980Kinners1980 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi
I have an iva review coming up and they have asked for 3months of bank statements. With covid 19 and not being able to go out day to day and spend. Plus a mortgage break 3months I took and some financial present s for a birthday. My account is healthy and I'm getting back on my feet. Obviously they will see my account is healthy but my income hasn't changed just with the birthday covid the situation has. Will they take all the money off me 

Replies

• mwarbymwarby Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will be looking to see if your income and expenditure is still accurate, if your expenditure has dropped and isn’t likely to return to pre covid levels, they will seek to increase your payments. 

Generally I don’t think they’d backdate this, unless it was as a result of failing to declare overtime, or a significant none covid change of circumstances 

with the mortgage holiday you should highlight this, along with plans to get back on track with mortgage repayments
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    21K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes are only made if your income increases, please use common sense, they won`t and can`t just take anything, payments must be agreed, if your income has stayed the same, so will your payments.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.