New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
I contacted the Money Shop on a number of occasion in 2019 to get a list of my accounts (I used them extensively for 10 years getting more and more in debt) I heard from a friend this year that there was a live website to make claims but when I checked it had closed the month earlier.  My friend 3 reminder letters to register but I received nothing hence missed the deadline.  I appealed to them as they had previous contact from me but they said it was too late.  Have contacted the financial ombudsman but they said need to speak to them direct.  Unsure if anyone has experienced or has advice.



  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You can put in a SAR under the GDPR and they have to provide you with what they have.

    i presume you’re after some sort of redress for something so once you have your information from them, you put your concerns/allegations of wrongdoing in writing and send them to the lender. If they don’t reply or you feel their final response is incorrect, you then have the option of escalating to the FOS
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support