Ever haggled a new deal? (BT)

My mother is looking at switching from Sky and is considering BT who I’m also with. I believe if I refer her then we both get £50?

When I called up recently to renew my deal I just said that I see the prices online but they’ll have to do a bit better if I’m to stay. I’m no hard haggler at all but they sorted me out. 

Not so so sure if they’d do that for a new customer though. Was thinking of a similar angle - sort better than website price and I can bring a new customer who’ll sign up right here right now. Anyone been successful with that? 

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Ever haggled a new deal? (BT)

Answer is yes many times .

• I'll assume you were successful.

Never done it myself. Only ever on renewals but never on new customer deals so didn't know how likely it was to get somewhere with it.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I do it every contract renewal. I find the best deals are found via the BT forum ... if you've dealt with an admin team member (like I have) you can get far better deals than what the phone/chat support can offer.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,045
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 22 June 2020 at 2:51PM

Never done it myself. Only ever on renewals but never on new customer deals so didn't know how likely it was to get somewhere with it.
    Why even think about haggling on new customer deals when fantastic new customer deals over and above what are available via BT website are available via Quidco/TCB, 17 months ago I signed up to 18 month contract via Quidco,£29.99 Line/Broadband package got £130 cashback plus £100 prepaid mastercard.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback