Plant ID wanted please

Can anyone identify this plant please as its overrunning my friends allotment. Many thanks WBW
The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have 2 different plants there in that  small picture, so this is hard. Pressing 'view image' doesn't work.
    Anyway, the more upright plant could be a variety of willow herb, but it's growing though something with an entirely different leaf.
    Some willowherbs are resistant to glyphosate. Mine are, so I zap them with something else or just pull them before they flower.
  • 25_Years_On25_Years_On Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be some hedge bindweed trying to climb the other plant. The other plant looks more cabbage family like to me but it's hard to tell from the photo.
  • twopennytwopenny Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean the taller light green one?
    It's some weed thats appearing in my garden but although it has a tap root it pulls out easy enough because it's annual.
    It would help to know which plant you mean, if it flowers, what sort of roots it has

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• welshbookwormwelshbookworm Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the one twopenny. if I get any more info I'll update.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.