Thompson & Morgan seed sale - all £1 a pack

Mutton_GeoffMutton_Geoff Forumite
2.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
Just received an email from Thompson & Morgan. They have a 48hr flash sale on all seeds (flowers, veg, salad etc) for £1 a pack plus £2.99 P&P on total order.
No connection, just a happy customer of theirs.

Signature on loan to someone else

Replies

• keanufankeanufan Forumite
    15 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I placed an order with them for 20 plug plants ( MSE email offer ) for free with £4.95 P & P. Only 6 plants arrived alive, tried to get a refund on the p & p, they didn't want to know. Since read awful reviews about them, be very careful if you order something, it may be dead or not turn up at all.
  • ApodemusApodemus Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m also in the “once bitten...” category with T&M (although I have had a lot more bites than one!) but surely even T&M can’t go too badly wrong with posting out packets of seeds? As long as they are for planting next year and you can take the risk on any age-related reduction in germination rates.
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apodemus said:
    I’m also in the “once bitten...” category with T&M (although I have had a lot more bites than one!) but surely even T&M can’t go too badly wrong with posting out packets of seeds? As long as they are for planting next year and you can take the risk on any age-related reduction in germination rates.
    Unfortunately they may not be, I bought some last year in similar offer, most were OK but beans were sow by 2019.
    Complained & offered a refund, it never turned up & TBH I CBA to chase it, especially as in the event I never needed them and decided on peas instead
    I expect the beans would've germinated anyway, beans IME normally keep fro a few years at least
    Just saying, look at the dates on receipt if it may be important to you