🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dormant account reclaiming

Options
I recieved a letter from Barclays in Aug 19 saying I had a dormant account in my name and asking for proof of I'd, etc which I sent back and as yet have had no further correspondence from the dormancy team, what should I do?? 

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,994 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I recieved a letter from Barclays in Aug 19 saying I had a dormant account in my name and asking for proof of I'd, etc which I sent back and as yet have had no further correspondence from the dormancy team, what should I do?? 

Follow it up with them rather than waiting until it gets to a year from when you replied.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • rodpurcell33
    Options
    I have followed up with a letter to the address given on the original correspondence but have still had no reply. 
    Barclays customer service have given me several different phone numbers for the team but none work and I've also been informed they are not a forward facing team so not sure what else to do??
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Obviously banking services are heavily impacted at the moment by the coronavirus situation and this can hardly be construed as an urgent matter warranting immediate attention, and certainly not worth taking up time on the phone about IMHO.

However, they had plenty of time to sort this out between last August and the current crisis starting, so it's not a reasonable excuse for there to have been no visible progress since then.  If you don't wish to wait any longer then log a formal complaint via https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/making-a-complaint/how-do-i-make-a-complaint/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure