Forum Home» In my home (includes DIY) MoneySaving» Flood & Storms Help & Information

Water on ground floor floorboards, possibly through air brick

New Post Advanced Search

Water on ground floor floorboards, possibly through air brick

1 reply 42 views
08ravea08ravea Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
So with some of the storms today I've noticed water coming up through the carpet when I stepped on it. I pulled the carpet back and the floorboards by the wall were soaked. The bit of the wall where the centre of the issue seems to be lines up with an air brick on the outside. I can't really tell if the water is coming up through the boards from the beams underneath or if it's coming in through the wall under the skirting. Can an air brick cause water to come in?
Also worth noting the house was damp proofed about 4 years ago and I feel like that should have prevented this exact kind of situation
imgur.com/gallery/dMaarB2

Replies

• edited 18 June at 9:21AM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 June at 9:21AM
    https://imgur.com/gallery/dMaarB2

If the water level is higher than the air brick outside, it will come in.

Damp proofing stops rising damp not floods.

Check all wall, guttering etc outside. You may have to also look under floor to find out where exactly water is penetrating in.

Also your ground level outside is too high.

Check for leaks at radiator.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon