Solar PV target price

1235»

Comments

• JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    M0ney said:
    Looks like it's working after trying again, not sure what I did different this time. My question now is, will the data be sent to the app on my phone when I am not connected to my wifi, I'm regularly away from home for weeks at a time, will the data go to my phone when I'm away and if not will it refresh all the data when I get home and reconnect to the wifi at home?
    It will always be there in that web link (or whatever the technical term is). You can find it under history (in the original platform) - just click on the day you are interested in at the bottom of the  page and on the drop down menu select AC output power. If you only have one inverter you don’t even need to do that. Power appears on the Overview page. 

On platform 2 there is less data but it opens on the Power screen.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • M0ney
    M0ney Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks so much for your assistance here, it's been working a treat since the 18th. I did wonder if there is a way to share a "read only" view of this?
  • AntonyTewks
    AntonyTewks Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 September 2020 at 9:13PM
    Thought I should probably update with which way I went, In the end I probably wasn't the most money saving! I went with something I felt reassured by long term and that I felt worked as a package. I didn't put any on the WNW roof in the end, bearing in mind it would need extra scaffold I just wasn't sure the case was there, i may come back to it in the future. I went for some premium panels in the end, 365w REC panels with 25yr performance (to 92%), mechanical and labour guarantee. In total just over 4kwp, mostly SE (3kw) then just over 1kw SW. I got the solar edge EV charging inverter. It was more cost effective than Zappi and can extend warranty to 25 years if I want to. Would have been much more cost effective to just get a granny cable but I couldn't resist! I'm still getting my head around the algorithm for diverting to the car on cloudy days etc but yesterday I added 7kwh which felt decent considering. I also added the Solaredge hot water diverter. I was suckered in by having an all in one system and I do really like the solaredge data and monitoring platform. All in all came to about £7k so not the bargain I started out planning on! But again as a package I'm happy. I thought of going big but without FIT I wanted to maximise self.consumption as much as I could so effectively spent the money I would have on those WNW panels on the EV charger and diverter instead. 
    It's addictive though isn't it! Find myself looking at batteries already! Feels painful seeing imports now, I'll be in for a shock in the winter! Not sure I could ever swallow the cost of a powerwall but the givenergy battery sounds interesting. One day when I get that money tree growing....
    I think my next step will be to put in a mixergy tank in a few months with any luck and go electric for hot water, that's the plan anyway. Combine solar and agile to make it cost effective. 
    Thank you to everyone who helped with their experiences and advice, it was very much appreciated
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback