Forum Home» Phones & TV

Pre installed Appson smart TV

New Post Advanced Search

Pre installed Appson smart TV

3 replies 61 views
Apologies in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere, I don't watch any live TV so I don't have a TV licence, however I've been given a TV with pre installed apps like BBC iplayer which cannot be deleted, so if I do get a visit TVL how can I prove I don't watch iplayer, also I'm sure I've read that I don't need to inform the TVL I don't need a licence?? 

Replies

• EssexExileEssexExile Forumite
    4.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was up to them to prove you do watch iPlayer. Anyone with a computer has the ability to watch iPlayer, it doesn't mean they do.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above or a phone or a tablet can watch live tv or catchup .
  • edited 13 June at 1:12PM
    littleboolittleboo Forumite
    810 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 June at 1:12PM
    There are threads on the TV sub forum about TVL, but the general view is that if they visit, you shouldn't engage with them. You certainly shouldn't let them into your property to start checking things. They are salesmen on commission with no special powers although they may describe themselves as inspectors to make you think otherwise.