We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3 pm

In October 2016, I went into a lease agreement with Mercedes for 4 years, since then I have been paying £301 to Mercedes Finance .
My question for you is  should I ask Mercedes that because of the current situation,  prices of the cars have gone down.  Instead of returning the car back to Mercedes which will be in Oct.  If  I were to pay off  the current low  value of the car that would mean i’d be able to keep the car.
Do you think they would agree?

Comments

  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 16,621 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    You can always try, they can only say no.
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 12 June 2020 at 12:52PM
    depends on the agreement - if it really is a lease, are you sure there's even an option to buy ?
    and out of curiosity what is the relevance of the thread title ... 3pm ?
  • The_Rainmaker
    The_Rainmaker Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I had a lease ending during the financial crisis via MB Finance (Jeep Grand Cherokee)  offer to sell it too me around £16 k value in the market around £12.5k which I offered was told no.

    As has been said you can always ask but know the market value before talking to them.
  • JamoLew said:
    depends on the agreement - if it really is a lease, are you sure there's even an option to buy ?
    and out of curiosity what is the relevance of the thread title ... 3pm ?
    Apologies. I’m not a technology person. I put info in the wrong field it seems. Thanks for your response. 
  • I had a lease ending during the financial crisis via MB Finance (Jeep Grand Cherokee)  offer to sell it too me around £16 k value in the market around £12.5k which I offered was told no.

    As has been said you can always ask but know the market value before talking to them.
    Ok. Will do thank you. Good piece of advice.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.