We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Confused about tyres

brampty
brampty Posts: 22
10 Posts Second Anniversary
Forumite
edited 9 June 2020 at 2:48AM in Motoring
Hi everyone!

It's time for me to change my tyres, and the sheer amount of options is confusing me. This is the sticker on my door, showing what I can use:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18vcQYrB43wnnfN8P09jlCIT7yORMJwF1/view?usp=sharing

I knew my car has 225/45/R17 tyres, but that's about it. Currently I have the 94V XL ones (not M+S though).
According to the sticker, there's three variants I can go for:
1.) 225/45 R17 91W
2.) 225/45 R17 94V XL M+S
3.) 205/50 R17 93H XL M+S.

I don't actually know what's supposed to be right choice for me? I just want the best value for money overall, I'm not interested in high speeds or anything. 70% of my driving is on the motorway, if that's relevant.
What kind of tyres should I get if I just want the overall result to be effective? Are the expensive tyres more long-lasting, making them justified in price, or is it just snake oil?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.