Job at risk, notice and consultation

I have just been told my job is at risk and am entering a consultation period of 30 days whilst on furlough. I have two questions.
i have a contractual notice period of 3 months on both counts of the employer and myself, are the company obliged to honour it and pay or would they be in breach of contract? Can they extend furlough and pay at 80%??
Secondly can I request a change in Consultation Manager from my line Manager to another due to a conflict in interest?
Thanks 

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You can request a change of consultation manager they don't have to. 
    If they make you redundant they still have to give you the notice period. The government has only been clear that that Job retention scheme can not be used for redundancy payments. They have not mentioned notice period, so until they do or it is tested in court, who knows. How long did you agree to be furloughed for?
  • Jon13
    Jon13 Posts: 4
    First Post
    Originally we discussed 3 weeks but it has now been 7 weeks. I have requested to return but they have kept me out stating cost reduction and affordability  as reason.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,354
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Everything in your contract still needs to be honoured, so the notice period will apply.   Also, the normal redundancy process needs to be followed.  I doubt that changing consulting manager will do you any good - it may even be negative.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback