Selfridges Return

Options
I have an ongoing dispute with Selfridges and I am at my wits end. I am looking for some advice on how to escalate it. I ordered a pair of shoes back in April which cost £360. They arrived but unfortunately they didn’t fit so I had to return them. I returned them via DPD courier service (which was recommended by Selfridges). When the driver came to pick them up from my house there was some complications as he was unaware that DPD provided the returns label to go on the box and he went away. After a phone call to DPD this was resolved (I was informed he was a new member of staff so he may have been unaware of the process) and he came back to get my return and left with the parcel to go back to Selfridges and gave me a card with a tracking number. This is where the problems started. I had a bad feeling so a couple of days I checked the tracking number online but it was not recognised. I then rang DPD who could not recognise it either but as it was a recent delivery they could see a parcel had been collected from my house and I had all the texts with estimated collection times etc. They assured me that it might be a case of it not being scanned in yet and I was told to wait out. I waited but the tracking number still said it was invalid. This is when I contacted Selfridges and explained the situation to them and they started investigating the issue. However this has now been ongoing for almost two months and it is clear that my return has been lost. I have provided Selfridges with all the evidence I have which they go to DPD with to investigate but by the sounds of it DPD just come back saying the tracking number is invalid. Selfridges have assured me it is being looked into but I have spoken to several people there now who have said the same thing and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. I understand that things are taking longer due to the pandemic but it just seems like it is never going to be sorted out and as the shoes were a lot of money I do not want to loose out because DPD have lost my return. Sorry for the long winded post but I am looking for advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation or knows a way I could maybe escalate the issue to another source as I am starting to get a vibe from them now that I am lying even though I have all the evidence this collection took place which is very annoying and it is becoming very stressful. I would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you pay for insurance against loss?  Have you instigated a claim with DPD for the lost parcel?  Strictly speaking, although "recommended" by Selfridges, you are DPD's customer so you should be making the claim - although if Selfridges are trying on your behalf to track down the parcel it's not really their responsibility.  Go through DPD's complaints process for the lost parcel. can-i-make-a-claim-for-my-parcel

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback