I hope everyone is coping and staying safe. In these uncertain times, one thing is for sure - we are all affected by the current situation and in this together. Let's try to remain safe and keep an eye out for each other because we need one another more than ever.

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    That's a lovely post, thank you.  I think we will need our neighbours and communities increasingly more the longer and deeper the pandemic grows especially if we might get a second wave of infections or be required to go into a local lock down.  It's good that here some of the neighbours have offered to shop for the shielded ones from day 1 and it's made quite a difference to how we all feel.
  • HeHe Forumite
    37 Posts
    10 Posts
    Not sure if it's me, but are people more aware of others lately?
    I was never one to insist on a right of way with my supermarket trolley anyway, but I've felt that more people are willingly 'giving way' now than before.  With the usual exceptions, perhaps I'd sum it up as 'better mannered' generally?

Selfish drivers excluded btw!
  • I hope everyone is coping and staying safe. In these uncertain times, one thing is for sure - we are all affected by the current situation and in this together. Let's try to remain safe and keep an eye out for each other because we need one another more than ever.

I completely agree, thank you for your kind wishes

• I hope everyone is coping and staying safe. In these uncertain times, one thing is for sure - we are all affected by the current situation and in this together. Let's try to remain safe and keep an eye out for each other because we need one another more than ever.
    Well said! Huge hugs to all!
  • kmcatherallkmcatherall Forumite
    22 Posts
    10 Posts
    Keep going!!!!
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in the fortunate position of being able to work from home during lockdown, and have been doing so since it first started. I'm also lucky that I like working from home - it means I can see my doggies more! :) So I've not found any great problems over the past 9 months or so - apart from not being able to meet and hug my friends. :( 

I can't see this situation ending any time soon - even with the vaccines. (Of the medical variety - not the band; lol). I know people aren't doing the Clap For (insert word of choice here) anymore but it did seem to help foster a sense of community - let's hope we can keep this aspect going until such time as we can get back to a sense of normality. Chin up guys! :)

Jenni x
    Jenni x
  • helpyhelperhelpyhelper Forumite
    42 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Through this we've seen the best and worse of people. Despite what some say I believe we are near the end of it
  • helpyhelperhelpyhelper Forumite
    42 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    why Don't you see it ending any time soon @Jenni_D ?
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    We're now 2 months down the line since my previous post. Vaccine roll out is (seemingly) progressing well but we're still not anywhere close to being back to normal - in fact we're all effectively still in lockdown. Give it another couple of months and things should hopefully be easing ... I think it'll not be until July until we can see any sense of normality.

In that context I can't see how my previous statement was in any way erroneous ... 6 months is not "any time soon". :)
    Jenni x